What’s wrong with the new Arizona immigration law:
1) It encourages police officers to lie and come up with excuses to pull people over (eg. “broken taillight).
2) It’s 100% racial profiling. It encourages police officers to pull people over if they look Latino.
3) It’s an invasion of privacy.
4) It will create a black market.
4a) Because they can be pulled over and asked for their papers at any time, it will make it necessary for people to carry their immigration papers wherever they go.
4b) Once people have an incentive to further break the law, they will. Therefore, those who are illegal immigrants will find ways to get “immigration papers”, resulting in more crime.
5) It’s downright unconstitutional. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.